According to Forrester Research data
- 96% of visitors leave the online store without performing any useful actions. By useful actions we here mean not only purchase, but also more neutral steps, such as adding item to the cart or add to favorites.
- 70% of those who add item to the cart, don’t complete the purchase process and baandon the website
So let’s calculate. Proceeding from research data, out of 1000 users we have attracted, 40 users will add item to the cart and only 12 will probably make purchase. In the end, we receive the average conversion rate for a website – 1,2%.
According to Google study, 49% of users who have bought at online store, visited the website from 2 to 4 times prior to making purchase. 68% of conversions happen during the first 5 days after the user visit to the website.
Now summarize, if to get back to our calculations, it turns out that out of those 12 buyers 6 people visited the website several times. The conclusion is that if we don’t return the user to the website at the right time, we will lose about 50% of sales.
This is a very time when new tool from Google AdWords comes to the rescue – dynamic remarketing
What is dynamic remarketing?
To start with, let’s define what standard marketing means. Remarketing is technology which shows ads to people, who have already visited the website, so remarketing helps turn back the visitor to the website.
Dynamic remarketing extends this technology function, it allows to show to the users the banner ads featuring the products, which user looked through on ecommerce store.
It also boosts CTR. CTR of dynamic remarketing is 5 times higher than that of standard remarketing, moreover, as Google claims, the conversion is also by 1,5 times higher.
Technology main benefits:
- automatic product embedding onto banners;
- recommendation system of similar products;
- automatic creative selection for the user;
- audience detailed segmentation (even by separate product);
- simplicity of banner creation in Google AdWords editor;
- compatible with conversion optimizer, which allows to increase the bid for users, which are more likely to trigger the conversion at online shop;
- in Google AdWords only dynamic text ads are implemented, which adds 20% to the reach and traffic.
How to work with dynamic remarketing?
In order to increase the advertisement efficiency, there is a flexible system of setting up the bids and ads depending on the lead performance and scenario:
The most loyal audience is audience of customers which have already bought something on this website. To level up the sales volume, internet shop should have ads not only targeted at website visitors, but at customers as well.
How to set up the dynamic remarketing?
- Create an account on Merchant center and connect it with Google AdWords account. Merchant center is a service to which you can upload all the information about your products so that Google could use it in future.
- Upload a table containing an information about online store products (product feed) to Merchant center. More about product feed. A little note: all the promoted pages and images should be opened for Google robot access. Only square images are supported, miminum 250х250 pixels, while recommended size is 400х400 pixels.
- Set up on all pages of the website remarketing tag, you will see it appearing on your AdWords after you have linked AdWords and Merchant center accounts. Dynamic remarketing tag consists of two parts – tag itself and its part containing user parameters.
- More information about dynamic remarketing tag set up with user parameters you can read here. With the help of the «Tag assistant» plugin created specifically for Google Chrome, you will be able to check how the tag works.
- After all these steps are done, we are ready to create remarketing campaign targeted at Contextual Display Network. Apart from main remarketing list with all website visitors, there will be also created 4 lists with user segmentation.
- Website visitors – segment of users who entered the website but did not study product pages. Dynamic remarketing ads will show for them the most popular good at the given online store.
- Those who have viewed product pages – users that looked through certain good at the online store, but have not added them to the cart. For them the system will show goods which they have viewed and also those which are recommended.
- Users, who have not completed the purchase – people, who have added the item to the cart, but have not finished the purchase. The ad banner will show goods which have been added to the cart as well as recommended products, however the percentage of the later will be less.
- Online store customers. These users will see complemented goods to the product they have bought.
These default lists could be customized and segmented more in detailed, which will allow to create more effective campaigns, and thus increase the sales volume at the ecommerce shop.
On Google AdWords support page you can read details on how to set up dynamic remarketing.
So if you are question yourself, how to generate more leads, consider dynamic remarketing option. At the first sight, its set up looks time-consuming, but having done it once, you will be able to increase online shop sales by 50% and even more – this is a good sounding reason.