Promodo has analysed 292 large and medium-scale eCommerce websites from Central & Eastern European countries to demonstrate how the eCommerce market has changed in 2019.
Ecommerce Market Trends in Central and Eastern Europe
• How has the ecommerce market increased in 2019
• Key performance indicators for ecommerce websites
• How does website load time affect conversion rates?
• What devices are consumers using to browse and buy
• Is it more profitable to attract new visitors or retain existing ones?
• The Ukrainian ecommerce market overview
The effectiveness of digital marketing channels
• What channels generate the most traffic
• What channels generate the most revenue
• Which channels bring more conversions, and which have the highest average order value
• The Ukrainian ecommerce market overview: traffic and revenue
A brief analysis of the main ecommerce niches
Average order value, average conversion rate, digital marketing channel performance
The growth rate of the average order value has exceeded inflation. However, we noted a slight increase in the number of transactions.
Takeaway: focus on channels that generate the most traffic.
To improve the number of transactions, make sure the customer journey on your website is simple, and the product recommendation sections are displayed correctly for different scenarios. AI merchandising is a trend for 2020.
The indicators of user behaviour on a website have not changed significantly over 2019.
The page load speed slightly increased, but the page depth fell. An increase in the number of relevant landing pages that help users quickly find the information they need can be a reason for this drop.
Takeaway: analyse your landing pages with marginal indicators, both positive and negative. In this way, you will understand which of them needs to be improved and how to do this.
We would strongly recommend testing all changes. A systematic approach to A/ testing will help ensure that all website elements are working toward increasing sales.
Takeaway: improving the website load time on both desktop and mobile devices is an efficient way to enhance the customer experience and your revenue.
Moreover, this will positively impact your website ranking.
To find more insights on how the eCommerce market in Central and Eastern Europe changed in 2019, download the full report