Everybody’s heard about Google Analytics (GA), some people know its general features, but only some individuals use its extended functionality.
Promodo is official Google AdWords & Analytics partner that provides the following partner services: Analytics Strategy, Campaign Optimization, Content Optimization, Custom Analysis, Ecommerce, Implementation & Audit, and Mobile App Tracking. So, we use the full functionality of Google Analytics and strongly recommend to emply its features if appropriate. To get started, try the following options:
1) Identify the most loyal target audience, create segments with ease and compare them.
2) Find the most and least profitable parts of your multi-channel funnels (MCF) and optimize your marketing budget.
3) Import costs of using different marketing channels and understand profit from every marketing campaign.
4) Download additional characteristics of your goods, customers, and offline data to your GA.
5) Create your personal visualization reports.
6) Build custom funnels and track conversions.
7) Improve your advertising campaign considering Ecommerce Conversion Rate, customer behavior, and other factors.
The best way to improve your GA skills is getting a “Google Analytics” certificate. Moreover, such a document confirms your ability to work with this instrument professionally.
How to Get a GA Certificate
Let me tell you a personal story, a story of a sales manager at Promodo. My life is usual. Every day, I do similar things: get up, drive to the office, complete work tasks, come home, meet friends / do housework / do sports / relax and go to bed.
When I decided to improve my GA skills, the biggest problem was to change my schedule to find the time for preparing for the GA exam. However, I managed to pass the test and now I have the certificate printed. to make the ball rolling, take the following 6 steps.
Step 1: Set Goals SMARTly
You can motivate yourself keeping the following in mind:
• Prepare for the GA exam specifically,
• Understand that your goal is measurable, e.g. you need to answer at least 80% of the questions,
• Since hundreds of specialists already have this certificate, this goal is achievable,
• Find out how improving GA skills is relevant to your work duties,
• Set the timeline, e.g. get the certificate in 2 months, which is quite manageable if you don’t have much time for studying.
Step 2: Create Your Profile
My next step was registering a profile (fill in the form with an address, interests, position, company affiliation, etc.).
Step 3: Find a Study Partner
I asked my friend to join me. Since the company he worked in created a new site back then, this topic was very interesting to him.
Step 4: Set the Rules and Stick to Them
We agreed to complete from 1 to 2 lessons per day. Only after that, we could do our usual stuff, like watching football, going for a walk, or making cookies.
Each course has a number of lessons, every one of them consists of one video, link to the materials, and catch-up questions. I suggest reading the materials before watching the videos because it will help you understand some things better and, therefore, prepare for the exam.
Study these stats about each of the course:
For further information, check the detailed description by following the links Digital Analytics Fundamentals, Google Analytics Platform Principles, Ecommerce Analytics, and Mobile App Analytics Fundamentals.
Step 5: Practice as Much as You Can
Unfortunately, the courses give you only theoretical knowledge. So, I asked experts from Promodo Analytics department to show some hints to me and explain do’s and don’ts to bear in mind. Then, I completed a few practical tasks using my test GA account.
Step 6: Learn Everything You Can about the Test
It’s important to understand what the exam looks like before you actually take it. You have 90 minutes to answer 70 questions, the passing score is 80% and the certificate will be valid for 18 months. The most important topics from my point of view include:
4 Pro Tips
Aleksey Eskov, Promodo recognized expert in Google Analytics, shared some useful tips to sail through and get the certificate:
• You can learn the material and pass the exam in different languages, but the best way is to do it in English because some terms aren’t translated correctly.
• There isn’t any freebie. You can cheat, but some answers you can hardly find online. Only hard work and practice will help you get through.
• Take your time; remember that you have 1.5 hours. Be careful with the questions with two correct answers and multiple choice questions.
• Every day, Google’s specialists improve analytics and add new features. Don’t forget to update your knowledge.
I hope my guidelines will help you pass the exam and wish you good luck with that 🙂
Remember to print your certificate and publish it on social media, including LinkedIn.
If you need any assistance with Google Analytics please fill the form and we’ll help you increase revenue from your traffic channels (SEO, PPC, email marketing, digital marketing and etc.) or simply message our expert on facebook.