Years are changing, but our tradition to inform you about the brightest and smartest social media campaigns remains the same. We are happy to bring you the January edition of digital digest, where you will find new viral commercials, 2013 stats and some of the most touching videos with Christmas spirit.
- Coca-Cola is already associated in our mind with Christmas, to continue this old good tradition this year Coca-Cola ran the Christmas Taxi campaign in Rome. It is hard to catch a taxi during the holiday rush, so this is when Coca-Cola taxi comes to rescue and picks you up J.
- London-based company specializing in a post-production and visual effects, Rushes filmed incredibly beautiful and touching video to congratulate on New Year. Watch adventures of lovely deer in the London streets.
- Railroad Corporation Amtrak decided to bring some holiday cheer to the passengers at the Chicago Union Station with magic piano. Check out the video and enjoy classic piano music.
- Okay, if you a fan of cats, you might like this. Friskes created Christmas video featuring the most popular on the Internet cats, including Grumpy Cat. Holiday-dedicated commercial tells about not easy life of cats on Christmas.
Viral commercials and digital campaigns
- Pick up lessons from Samsung you can see in a new Galaxy Gear video. Who has more chances: a guy with smartphone or a Samsung’s smartwatch owner?
- Samsung always has powerful campains, so to promote GALAXY Samsung launched video “The Вeginning” which tells about aliens invading the Earth. To save the mankind the greatest football players fight with strangers.
- In October Digest we told you about Mercedes’ magic body control commercial with chickens playing the main role. Now automobile brand Jaguar has got the answer: “Magic Body Control? We prefer cat-like reflexes, don’t you? “
- Turkish Airlines commercial pictures “Barcelona” player Lionel Messi and the famous basketballer Kobe Bryant in a selfie shootout where they show places they have been to.
- The Exsus travel company invites to take a tour across 1055-kilometre-long California’s Pacific Coast. To enjoy the scenic view and learn lots of interesting facts, you simply need to go to Highway One Road website.
- Twitter, Facebook and Instagram published reports about the most discussed topics in 2013. Twitter presented the most trending tweets on the special microsite #YearOnTwitter.
- Facebook created a separate page on Facebook Stories dedicated to the people, events, topics and mems which generated the biggest buzz.
- Instagram concluded a list of top 10 popular areas where photos were made. By the way, this year Instagram made a great break-through – over 60% of its users live outside the USA. On Instagram you can also find an official community of Star Wars.
- According to EMarketer, Facebook is the second after Google place selling the largest amount of Internet advertising. In 2013 the social network earned around $3 billion (7,4% of all digital ad in the USA), the revenue Google received made up $17 billion (40%). The source of such Facebook success is video ads automatically showed in the news feed as well as ads displayed on Instagram.
- Starcount reported that the world’s most popular brand in the social networks in 2013 is Samsung. The total number of its followers reached 16 million people. The second place was given to Walt Disney followed by NationalGeographic in the third place. In 2013 NationalGeographic’s You Tube channel has been watched around 160 million times.