The eighth Promodo Partners conference was held on May 17th in Kyiv, Ukraine. Just over 500 ecommerce owners, marketers, and managers gathered to discuss current business challenges, share their experiences and listen to useful keynotes from our speakers and in-house specialists.
In this post, we will brief the main principles contributed to the success of eCommerce business our speakers presented.
Mobile First Approach
Dainius Liulys, CEO and the founder of Pigu.lt, the largest online retailer in Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia, emphasised that today, UX is crucial to ecommerce success no matter what country it is located in. He said that when developing a new website design or implementing new features, they firstly focus on how this will be displayed for mobile both in a browser and in an application. The necessity for this is that the number of mobile users has been increasing for the last several years.
Dainius identified the 4 main factors Pigu success is based on:
- Pricing policy
- Assortment management
- Best UX
He also provided several rules they work to:
- Automate everything you can automate. People cost more and perform less.
- Set 3-4 global company tasks a year. When you want to improve more areas of your business, you won’t get the expected outcome.
- Invest more in the warehouse and logistics mechanics if you work with a large volume of products.
The success of marketplaces lays in a balance of interests between the ternary of ‘User – Marketplace – Store’
Sergey Arabadji, CEO and the founder of the price-comparison shopping website HotLine.ua, underlined three factors of their success:
- Mutual relationship with e-stores and merchants
- Providing sellers with unique opportunities
Among the unique opportunities, Sergey referred, are internal services such as a bid ranking auction, sale, Hotline Checkout payment system, a separate account for direct contact with customers who have left reviews, and the internal analytics system.
Video advertising helps people review the product better than text
Sergii Bratusov, the Branding Industry Head at Google Ukraine, shared YouTube insights with Promodo Partners guests. Here are some of them:
- More than 14m of users in Ukraine use YouTube mobile application on Android weekly
- People pay more attention to video ads on the Internet than on TV
- The second most popular search engine in Ukraine after Google, is YouTube (by the number of requests made).
- Google gathers user data from Android, Google Maps, Google Play and other platforms to improve targeted displaying of video ads on Youtube
- 95% of users watch YouTube with sound. This is why video ads with sound have 2.9% more conversions than muted ads
- TrueView For Action YouTube Ad conversions are 20-30% cheaper than conversions from ads within the search results
- More than 50% of a YouTube campaign success depends on the creativity.
More photos you can find on our Facebook.
If you would like to be included on our Promodo Partners list, contact our team today.