Welcome to the new edition of our Digital Digest! Christmas holiday is just about to begin, so it seems that brands are as active as never before in their digital marketing efforts. This Digest is packed with videos which went viral in November, best commercials of 2013, smart digital campaigns and big updates from social media networks. Enjoy the post!
1. New commercial made by Sony excites by its incomparable pureness and beauty. The aim of the ad was to demonstrate the quality of new series of 4K Ultra HD TV products. The video has been filmed in Costa Rica’s volcano, and around 8 million petals have been used during the video shoot.
2. Incredibly touching, with a holiday spirit TV advert has been launched by online shop JohnLewis. It tells the story about Bear and Hare friendship. Bear always sleeps in winter and never sees Christmas. Hare wants to show him the holiday which he will never forget.
3. The “Call of Duty” franchise knows how to film epic commercials to engage the audience. The official Call of Duty®: Ghosts trailer features Megan Fox and four male buddies having their adventures in Las Vegas. The trailers has already gathered over 11 million views.
Get a free strategy session
4. Who would have thought that such a great idea could be used to promote Special edition Christmas Day uniforms? The premier professional basketball league introduced a video where NBA stars played the “Jingle Bells” melody in an unusual way 😉
5. Video marketing company Unruly concluded a list of the most shared videos made by brands in 2013. Samsung with its “S4: Sound & Shot” video tops the list. It is followed by Geico on the second place, and Dove’s “Real Beauty Sketches” commercial which has been ranked #3. Among other brands that have been also included to this list are Pepsi, Budweiser, Red Bull and Evian.
1. During Christmas anticipation time Coca-ColaZero campaign lets you be a designer. Just visit the website where you will be able to create your own sweater with any color and pattern you choose!
2. To draw audience attention to the Wolverine’s upcoming Digital HD release, 20th Century Fox introduced the website letting the users explore Logan’s psyche which surely gives the movie fans unforgettable experience and excitement.
3. An English alternative rock band from Battle, Keane made their fans happier for two reasons: firstly, they released The Best Of Keane CD, and secondly, to mark the occasion they launched special app with the help of which fans can tell more about their own life. The trick is that app takes your best photos from Facebook personal account and makes a bespoke music video showing how your life has changed over the past few years.
4. Red Bull never lets us down when it comes to smart ideas. On Thursday 14 the brand threw a party in the 30 capsules of the London Eye bringing together 30 the most legendary UK club nights. The party featured famous artists and DJs and was broadcasted live via YouTube. The event had its own hashtag #RevsInSound which got around 12,000 mentions.
1. Microsoft has unfolded a special campaign for Asian market. To represent the new browser, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Corporation has created a new anime character, Inori Aizawa. She has her own page on Facebook, and there is also a video telling about her adventures.
2. YouTube now has a free tool for searching new subscribers – FanFinder. With it now you can advertise your video the user who potentially may be interested in it.
3. Instagram is so rapidly evolving that sometimes it is hard to keep up with all changes it introduces. The latest buzz – Instagram has introduced direct messages. Now users can send personal messages featuring photo or video. Check out Instagram’s promotional video.
4. Searching for hashtags now becomes easier. New service Hshtags has appeared recently. It desciribes itself as “a social media search engine dedicated to hashtags”. You just type the hashtag and search for the the relevant content. As for the moment the search is available for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo and Flickr.
5. Emarketer.com has reported that digital ad spending made by retailers has reached record levels in 2013. The source predicts that by the end of this year US retailers’ digital ad budget will increase by 15.7% to $9.50 billion. The reason behind this trend are growing ecommerce sales and time spent across digital channels, emarketer.com says.