Polyvore is all about fashion. It helps you to sell, buy and promote. It helps you to educate your consumers, make them stylish, and make trends from your brand.
Know more about other social media marketing tools from our blog:
Get lost in the search results?
Let Promodo experts help your website index better by optimising your pages, improving your content, and enhancing your linking strategy.
By clicking this button you agree to our terms & conditions
Some statistics data on Polyvore for you to know:
- An average of 20 million unique visitors/month
- An average order value per session is $383
- An average conversion rate is 1.17%
- 20 percent market share within the whole ecommerce segment
How does it work?
For ordinary users, Polyvore is a social network where they can discover new trends, create sets of fashion products found anywhere on the Internet. The social platform is also quite interactive – it allows users to discuss the sets, products and brands, to like and share looks with friends on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
What can it offer for my e-commerce business?
For e-commerce owners, it is a tool to build a reputation of their brand, to involve the consumers in fashion industry, to educate them and to sell their products.
There are plenty of ways on how to use this tool – you can choose the one depending on your marketing budget. Below we will discuss several ways of using Polyvore for your e-business strategy.
1. First of all, you need to set up an account. Use the logo and description of your brand to help people recognize you.
2. The second vital thing is to install a “Polyvore Clipper” tool to your website. It will allow you to add any goods and product items from your website to the Polyvore account. The same will be able for any web users registered in Polyvore – your consumers, friends, any other users looking for a product available on your website.
3. The third thing to do is to add pictures of your products. Do it on a regular basis, making updates each time you have new items to add. Organize your goods into Collections, sorting them by color, size, season or any other category. Make it convenient for your consumers.
4. Create sets and fashion looks to engage your consumers into discussions.
5. Confirm you brand’s official page and become a Polyvore partner.
6. Use #hashtags, @mentions and SEO-friendly keywords when creating a set and write a description to it.
7. Use Polyvore as a picture editor. While using the picture-editing software as a Photoshop can be quite challenging and time-taking – Polyvore offers you a very plain and convenient tool to use to create collages. You can use them not only for your Polyvore account, but also for your blog, website, and other needs.
8. Be socially active. Use the help of active bloggers or local celebrities to promote your brand – their looks in your clothes will engage more likes, discussions, and interest in your business.
9. Integrate with other social media platforms – share your sets on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
To get more detailed information on Polyvore marketing strategies for your e-business read an e-book created by Wishpond The Ultimate Guide to Polyvore for Brands and Retailers.
Yahoo has acquired Polyvore at the end of July 2015. Does it mean changes? Undoubtedly! Even though Jess Lee (CEO and Co-Founder, Polyvore) said the main concept of the website will remain the same:
Going forward, Polyvore will still be the same Polyvore that you love, but we’ll have more resources to make it even bigger & better. Our mission of empowering people to feel good about their style will stay the same. We’ll continue to add cool new product features and roll out new perks for top members. We’ve accomplished a lot on our own, but together with Yahoo, we can take Polyvore to its fullest potential.
We should wait for the growth of interest (and the growth of active unique users accordingly) to this social platform, as now it will develop in tight cooperation with other Fashion Yahoo products – Yahoo Style and Yahoo Beauty.
Compared to Pinterest and Facebook, Polyvore does not have a ‘buy button’. Yet. It all looks that with a new owner – this feature is the next step in social platform’s development. The instrument will allow to skip several steps and to conduct direct purchases from the site. So let us wait for it to be launched.
If you have any questions on how to sell, buy and promote online, don’t hesitate to contact us.