Hello digital world fans! What is in for you in this month’s digest, you may ask? As usually, lots of bright and smart viral videos (make sure to check Guinness and Old Spice’s , for example), digital campaigns engaging with Olympics in Sochi, back to childhood with LEGO and very useful insights on what social networks will rule the world in 2014. Let’s get started!
1. Danon filmed a steamy Oikos Greek Super Bowl ad showing how to eat yogurt correctly. The commercial features John Stamos and has gained over a million views on YouTube during the first two days only.
2. Covered or uncovered Beckham? This is the question. Viewers of a new H&M teaser video have to make a difficult choice. Fans can vote on the site what ending they would like to see. Simple? But bet, it is a great idea for your social media contest.
3. GoDaddy made his own Super Bowl commercial. When Selena decided to promote her tanning business, she turned to GoDaddy Get Found. As a result, streams of new customers flew to her store J
4.”Hear What You Want” is Beats by Dre’s moto. So when Richard Sherman wants to guard himself from outer world and distraction, he puts on Beats by Dre headphones.
5. Apple did their best to inspire iPad fans. In a new commercial the company beautifully describes the ways iPad Air could be used in our amazing world.
6. Awesome ad has been created by GUINNESS. It tells the story about the ‘Sapeurs” a group of men from Republic of the Congo whose life credo is to put more in to get more out. These men are from different walks of life, but they are united by their love of stylish dressing.
7. Now it is time for AXE to get a bit more serious. The new commercial’s call to action is “ Make love, not war with new AXE Peace”. The video is impressive and thought-provoking, which proves that AXE has very talented people in their team.
8. Probably, to some of you it will sound familiar. Old Spice filmed a new musical ad where it tells in a humorous way about excessively caring moms. During the video you see sad moms that creepily appear on their son’s dates while singing the song.
1. McDonald’s offer Olympics fans to send cheers to their favorite athletes or teams just from its site. All sent messages will be displayed in the Athletes’ Village and can even be printed on sportsmen’s bracelets.
2. What type of design will eventually win? Flat or realistic one? If you visit this site you will be able to choose a character and participate in Mortal Combat style battle.
3. We guess some of you have heard about it, but anyway, Google Chrome launched an experiment where users can build online with LEGO! You select the location with the Google Maps and start the building works. WebGL technology allows to select the color of the details and share your work on Google+.
Get a free strategy session
1. Astrology fans may now be especially happy to shop at Singapore’s IKEA. The company launched a Facebook application which helps users to select a piece of furniture depending on the horoscope.
2. Wet wipes manufacturer Ajax went online with a noble goal – clean Facebook and Twitter accounts from spam. To try this service, visit the site.
3. According to data published in Global Adview Pulse report by Nielsen, global advertising spend continues to grow. The amount spent during the first three quarters of 2013 is by 3.2 percent higher comparing to the same period in 2012. Especially robust growth is observed in spendings on internet advertising – 32 %.
4. Global Web Index reported that Instagram is the fastest growing social network as for today. Over the last six months the network has increased its active user base by 23%. Guess what is on the second place? Reddit with 13% growth.
5. The Instagram could be the fastest growing social network, but the largest users’ base belongs to Facebook these days. As infographics published by Adobe shows the social network has over 1,4 registered users which mainly come from the USA. However, the second country with the largest Facebook fans base is India. China’s audience is to definitely to keep an eye at, as China has three of the largest social networks.