While our colleagues are attending the UX workshop at the Google office in Kiev, we prepared another Friday catch-up for you. This time we selected updates from Google, LinkedIn, Viber, Facebook, and SEO and ecommerce marketing experts. Also, check the great holiday marketing videos from famous brands and have a great Friday!
Meet Penguin 4.0.
Google launched the Penguin 4.0 update. This is something that our experts talked a lot these days because this Penguin will be very helpful for legitimate SEO agencies. The most important reasons to welcome the new version are the following:
• From now on the system doesn’t penalize entire sites; instead, it devalues spam links. So, the relations between Google and site owners will be improved – no more sites demoted in search.
• Penguin algorithm is updated in real time, so the changes will proceed much faster – no more wait for hundreds (!) of days for the updates.
• The effects of negative SEO will be significantly diminished because of the applied improvements.
• Google won’t confirm future updates since it’s a constant process.
Get lost in the search results?
Let Promodo experts help your website index better by optimising your pages, improving your content, and enhancing your linking strategy.
By clicking this button you agree to our terms & conditions
Some interesting reviews about Penguin you can find here.
Welcome a Smartphone as the First Screen
No surprise there, but you should know that smartphone is no more the second screen, it became the first, according to the latest studies presented on eCommerce conference this fall.
There are few things that our team identifies core in eCommerce in 2016:
1. Online audience migrates from desktop to mobile devices. It is no longer a niche rather the most popular device in the near future.
2. Users are ready to buy using mobile. The audience is already there. The eyes and the hearts are there. The only thing that remains is winning the wallets.
3. mCommerce – is The Next Big Thing in the retail industry. In developed countries, more than 25% of trade accounts for mobile devices. And this trend gets to Ukraine.
4. Low conversion is not a threat but an opportunity for business development on the Internet.
5. The behavior of mobile users is significantly different from the behavior on desktop, so you need to adapt business solutions for a new audience.
Send Sponsored Direct Messages via LinkedIn
Earlier this week, LinkedIn announced that they enable users to create Sponsored InMail messages using the in-built Campaign Manager. So, now on you’ll be able to track the performance of text ads, sponsored content, and Sponsored InMail.
It seems that creating Sponsored InMail without a LinledIn account representative will make this marketing tool more convenient. You’ll be able to reach your potential clients, including those users who you don’t have a connection with, when they’re active. It’s possible to include a call-to-action or suggest some content for downloading.
Another thing to remember about the platform is that you can monitor conversion rates of signups, leads, purchases, and some other metrics in the campaign manager.
Try Public Accounts for Companies Introduced by Viber
Competing for revenues, Viber is launching Public Accounts created for companies and brands who want to communicate with their clients using the platform. The new option is useful for both marketing and customer service providing specialists. Meanwhile, the customer service component isn’t live yet. It’s estimated that this component will be integrated with the most popular CRM packages by the end of November.
Talking about bots, Michael Shmilov, COO of Viber, says that they won’t build bots, while Viber will host them and provide the tools for developers to place bots there.
“We already enable businesses and brands to publish their own content on Viber with Public Chats, and we make revenues from things like Sponsored Stickers and other promotions,” he said to TechCrunch, explaining what will be likely the first areas where Public Accounts may also generate sales. “Apart from that, we won’t charge for Public Accounts at this stage.”
Let the Bots in Facebook Messenger Drive the Conversation
As the Social Times reports, Facebook introducedMessenger Platform v1.3. The company aims to help businesses and brands manage the entire lifecycle of their clients. David Marcus, vice president of messaging products, shares the 5 new options useful for developers:
1. Add reference params for m.me referral links.
2. Deep-link for m.me referral links.
3. Leverage new list templates.
4. Add a pre-checked plugin.
5. Improve bot search results.
Consider the SEO Trends Dominating the Arena
Recently, Forbes published the article written by Jayson DeMers who reveals the trends that will dominate the industry in 2017. To stay one step ahead of your competitors, keep his predictions in mind:
1. Accelerated Mobile Pages – an open-source protocol that enables webmasters to create pages that load on mobile devices almost instantly – will rise and be favored in search results.
2. Dense content – content that ignores the length and focuses on providing the most comprehensive information on a topic in the smallest possible space – will rise.
3. Algorithmic machine learning will change the way the Google RankBrain algorithm works.
4. More companies and organizations will take advantage of personal branding and use it as an SEO secret weapon.
5. Google will favor pages that offer better user experience overall.
6. Mobile apps will benefit from numerous SEO options available.
7. Personal digital assistants will become more sophisticated and, therefore, more helpful.
Welcome This Holiday Season
Major brands introduced Christmas videos. Let’s check out the videos from Milka and John Lewis and have fun this Friday!