The holidays are just around the corner, so the Promodo team wishes you all the very best! We carefully picked a collection of tips on how to survive these few weeks and have a qualitative rest.
Promodo hopes that you, your colleagues, family members, and friends have an amazing holiday season filled with all good things!
What Are the Best Secret Santa Gift Ideas?
Last minute secret gift exchange? What can be more exciting this holiday season? If you’re in doubt what to present to your office bestie, get inspired by studying the ideas below:
1. A nice monthly planner,
2. Wine glass charms,
3. A handcare gift set,
4. Funny socks,
5. Cookie gift boxes,
6. Smartphone micro stand,
7. Vanishing vase,
8. Mug warmer,
9. Office emergency kit,
10. Engraved luggage tags.
Maybe, you have already received a gift from a Secret Santa? Share what you got this Christmas in the comments below!
What to Present to Your Boss?
Buying a Christmas gift for your boss can be stressful and take a while. To avoid anxiety, keep the advice of Patricia Rossi, a business etiquette coach, in mind:
“The best way is to get everyone in the office to buy a gift. It’s not always possible, but if you can, go in on a gift together.”
Either way, it’s nice to have a few ideas to consider:
1. An individual coffee maker,
2. A drone,
3. A gift certificate to your boss’s favorite restaurant,
4. Make a charitable donation,
5. A book,
6. Flexible LED book light,
7. Rechargeable power cell power bank,
8. Luggage locator,
9. Scratch Map Deluxe,
10. Premium Snack Gift Basket.
It will be nice to use one of the aforementioned gifts in the office after the holidays, don’t you agree?
What to Remember at Your Company Holiday Party?
Did you wait for the company holiday party for a while? Finally, it’s the second part of December and the party is about to start. So, how to have fun and avoid embarrassment? Simply follow the no-nos below:
1. Be unfriendly and mean-spirited – and skip the party.
2. Talk about work, tasks, responsibilities, politics, religion, and the controversial stuff.
3. Appear antisocial and boring.
4. Drink too much and cause a scene.
5. Wear an outfit for a night out at the club.
6. Share candid photos of your colleagues.
7. Avoid new people.
Actually, these 7 tips are useful for any kind of party, so keep calm, have fun and let the others have a good time as well.
Why to Disconnect at the Holidays?
Probably, you’re leaving the office for a while this holiday season to visit family and friends or travel around the country. Either way, don’t worry about the working tasks or else you won’t rest well. The art of unplugging is something that you should master, as the numerous study results suggest. Here is why you should avoid being in contact outside of the office:
1. Obviously, you become more productive if you take some time off.
2. You will feel greater job satisfaction if you rest properly.
3. Every additional 10 hours of vacation help employees improve year-end performance by 8%.
4. Overtime can double the chances of a major depression episode.
5. A change of scene makes people more creative.
How to Relax Healthy and Safely?
Since taking off is healthy for your body and relaxing for your mind, make the most of your vacation following the hints below:
• Don’t use your work phone, email, and messengers during the weekend.
• Escape somewhere to change the scene.
• Enjoy your hobby and do something that you like instead of what you must do.
• Delegate your work tasks while you are on vacation.
• Do sports, meditate, and spend time outdoors.