Now 2016 is coming to an end, companies total all the pluses and publish summary reports. In this catch-up, we decided to look at the results demonstrated by the major social media. So, check out what happened on Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, LinkedIn, and YouTube in 2016.
Top Global Trends on Twitter in 2016
Twitter reports a great year that gathered news from different corners of the world, from around the block to politics and the Olympic games. Sadness, happiness, wonder, fear, and other emotions were in the news feed. Twitter launched a special hashtag #ThisHappened, so if you have something to reflect on, share your picture with this hashtag.
The top trends included the following:
Facebook Live: Incredible Adoption with the Format
Facebook Live is one of the wow’s of 2016. The Promodo team also used this format during the Promodo Partners seminar in Kiev – it was very convenient. Facebook observers are used to selecting the best live videos. The latest statistics show that the most-watched live video publishers have billions of views:
The Fast Rise of Snapchat
Snapchat has come relatively far in 2016, as the statistics and facts show. So, what interesting numbers can be found about the company that launched in September 2011?
1. The number of daily active users is about 150 million.
2. The average number of photos shared every second is 9,000 per second.
3. The number of Snapchat daily video views is 10 billion.
4. In one year, Snapchat grew as much as Twitter has in 4 years combined.
5. The millennials account for 7 out of 10 Snapchat users.
LinkedIn Messaging Brings Users Closer
This year LinkedIn became more user-friendly. Now, it’s even easier to start a conversation with a colleague or business partner with whom you haven’t spoken in weeks. LinkedIn Messaging suggests personalized conversation starters for different types of conversations:
• Shared experiences: mention something that you have in common, such as gone to the same school, worked at the same company, or attended the same conference.
• Updates on professional activity: it’s a good habit to congratulate your connections when they start a new job or comment the shared content. Simply stay in touch.
• Shared connections: it makes sense to mention someone who you both know in posts and comments.
YouTube Celebrates Videos Created in 2016
“2016 was the year of the challenge” – as YouTube mentions on their blog. It looks like it’s time for #YouTubeRewind and to announce the top trending videos from 2016. The experts consider sharing, commenting, liking, time spent watching, and more. The videos uploaded in 2016 demonstrate the amazing variety of thoughts and approaches.
So, here are 10 videos that have 550+ million views and were watched over 25 million hours (check out here for more):
Our favorite video is #6. It’s so engaging that we too tried to flip water bottles and had a lot of fun. Enjoy!