If you are the owner of a small business, the cost of marketing is often a dampener on your advertising budget. Not marketing your brand, product or venue is not an option either. Having taken over the world by a massive storm, internet marketing has become a more practical and cost effective marketing option for most businesses today. Big businesses like airline companies to small businesses like florists use the power of internet marketing to their advantage. Here are some of the ways your business can benefit with effective internet marketing:
- Selecting keywords – By choosing the right keywords that are not only relevant to your business but also easy to rank for, you make your business more visible to a larger number of people. Always look for multi-word phrases, not everyone thinks of them and this makes your business appear more often and easily.
- Brilliant content – People are attracted to and usually prefer to purchase from websites where they can find useful information, not run-on-the-mill content. Be specific and informative about your product or service line; a place where people can find answers and understand your product or service. A web site’s success is often measured by the number of visitors it gets, so ask yourself if the information you’re providing is helpful.
- Social media networking – The three gurus of social media networking – Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn are great contributors of internet marketing. Real people, sharing real experiences make a very reliable platform for people who network in cyberspace. There is a very fine line between being there and interacting for people to notice and being pushy to sell your product or service; be careful of this line.
- Contact information – People are more and more reluctant to share personal information, even an e-mail address. Your business needs these e-mail addresses for your customer database for future offers and events. Provide a value added service in exchange for this vital information; a free gift they can redeem or a discount on their next purchase. If you have forms for registrants to fill out, make them short, simple and sweet so he/ she is not tempted to hit the escape key!
- Call tracking and analytics – If you cannot measure something, how are you going to take steps towards improving it? Analytics provide an immense amount of helpful data – where the visitors of your website came from, how much time they have spent on your website, and what they did on your website. Google provides this service free of charge…..yes; free of charge and it is a fantastic way to help your business.
- Convenience – In a world where people have less time and more things to do, internet marketing is a boon for businesses. With internet marketing, your store is always open without having to pay overtime to staff members. A potential customer can visit your website at any time, read your powerful content which acts as a never tiring sales person and decide on his/ her purchase instantly without leaving the comfort of their cozy sofa.
The benefits of internet marketing have encouraged more and more business owners to adapt to the internet and have made a difference to many businesses which would have otherwise be known only in their neighborhood. The distance a recommendation can travel in cyber world knows no bounds. We hope you will be tempted enough to enter your establishment to the world of internet marketing.
Get lost in the search results?
Let Promodo experts help your website index better by optimising your pages, improving your content, and enhancing your linking strategy.
By clicking this button you agree to our terms & conditions