CRM integration with Google Analytics is crucial to track the relevant picture of your eCommerce business performance. A company’s database in a CRM system contains information on customers, which may not be measured by Google Analytics, but which is essential for website promotion.
If integrating CRM data to GA seems challenging to you, you can opt for a professional service provider. Below, you will find useful recommendations on how to conduct this integration yourself.
CRM integration to Google Analytics helps create custom reports, segments, and remarketing audiences due to more detailed individual customer insights. In other words, if Google Analytics gathers general audience patterns, CRM bounds user peculiarities to a specific Customer ID or User ID. Moreover, your CRM system stores more comprehensive data on selling products. For instance, you can classify items by a supplier. Transferring these indicators to your GA account allows you to widen the specifications of your performance reports and simplify the process of comparing your KPI between these two systems.
As you know, GA cannot track some of the purchase and transaction data which strongly affects your final figures. But the systems in tandem allows avoiding this problem and receive factual reports on your marketing and business effectiveness.
Core Google Analytics features:
CRM shows the following data:
If you are planning to link your CRM and Google analytics data for remarketing campaigns, we would recommend starting the integration process from ensuring both platforms have a common data key.
Basically, you can choose the following scenarios:
Most people choose the first option because of its simplicity. Slight ID setup modification will not take much of your time up. The second solution requires more complex changes, but its reliability and efficiency are proven.
After creating a common key, transfer the CRM information to Google Analytics using the Data Import function. Another option is sending Measurement Protocol hits. Both methods provide the desired effect.
To receive the CRM data in your Google Analytics, you need to create segments. Determine the desired number of customers and pass this list to AdWords. Run a remarketing campaign when the synchronisation is finished.
ZOHO is software developed for dealing with marketing and ecommerce challenges. Merchants using this CRM cannot track the whole information scope since GA analyses only website actions. Purchases by phone or email are omitted, which negatively affects the total revenue reports. The ZOHO CRM and Google Analytics integration ensures managing this issue.
The GA connector was developed to facilitate data transfer. It works in the following two ways:
The first path stipulates a separate GA section for every lead in the ZOHO CRM. It provides information on the most active lead sources. The second option allows uploading information to GA, which usually saves only general details about customers, including conversion rate, visits duration, page visits, and so on.
Zoho integration with Google Analytics allows obtaining the missing data, including actual revenue, customer interests, and others, which allows you to make more effective marketing decisions. It helps merchants achieve better results than their competitors who only use GA for analysis even if reported correctly.
Updated after integration, CRM tracking shows origin channels each customer came from. This becomes possible to investigate what time each client needs to make a purchase, as well as to determine sources which bring permanent revenue. Moreover, you can identify channels bringing difficult customers who often ask for refunds or complain.
To transfer data between your HubSpot and Google Analytics accounts, you need to use additional tools. In this article, we will describe LeadsBridge. You can connect your data, following these steps:
1. Create a LeadsBridge account and add a new bridge with a name and label. Choose HubSpot as the original point of the bridge, and GA as a destination.
2. Set a name for the HubSpot CRM and GA integration;
3. Set a name for the HubSpot CRM and GA integration;
4. Choose a preferable segmentation concept;
5. Confirm authorisation;
6. Allow LeadsBridge access to the HubSpot data;
After receiving the approvement, begin configuring Google Analytics designation:
1. Enter an integration title in the defined place;
2. Integrate GA with LeadsBridge by typing an application name and the tracking ID;
3. Select receiving messages with notifications of every new customer;
4. Fill out the special fields with relevant information;
5. Determine HubSpot and Google Analytics data necessary to transfer;
6. Choose customising options for correcting contact information;
7. Identify elements you will not transfer (omit this stage in case of transferring all data);
8. Add more fields choosing this option in the Custom Fields section;
9. Select necessary options from a list.
HubSpot Google Analytics tracking should be checked in a testing environment to eliminate possible issues. Use the LeadsBridge tools to run the test and wait until everything is finished. Make sure the button turns green, which indicates that the synchronisation is completed and save the results. Now, you can enjoy successful integration. The bridge activation ensures implementing all goal details with HubSpot and Google Analytics connection.
This integration takes more effort. To set up the Analytics Salesforce Sales Cloud integration, you must have full access to the Salesforce objects and fields.
1. Create three custom fields in the Salesforce account to store GA tracking codes: Field name, API name, field length — you can call them as you wish and switch the read-only option on. These fields must be in both the Lead and Opportunity objects.
2. Configure the Opportunity and Lead objects. Set up the determined objects, ensuring that field tracking is activated. Given configuration enables producing hits when new data is coming. Match the Lead and Opportunity object fields.
3. Edit your lead view for saving tracked data:
4. Create Salesforce CRM cloud information scope in the following way:
Run a final test and check the results in your Google Analytics account. In case of a failure, analyse the errors. Review setups gradually, following the instructions.
Many business owners consider Pipedrive an easy and user-friendly platform. Developers tried to simplify all the processes of analysing CRM data. Pipedrive and Google Analytics integration takes minimal time. The connecting process is similar to data transferring from the HubSpot CRM. There are many tools you can use for integration, but LeadsBridge in one of the most popular. Creating a bridge ensures successful integration, which can be done by using a LeadsBridge valid account.
Follow these steps:
1. After naming the bridge, set Pipedrive CRM as an original data channel. Google Analytics becomes a target source;
2. Indicate the integration name to begin authorisation;
3. Allow LeadsBridge access to the Pipedrive information. You will receive a blue message meaning the operation was successful.
4. Start the Google Analytics setup with typing the integration name and integrate LeadsBridge with GA using a tracking ID.
5. Go to the Admin section in your GA account and choose a correct Property.
6. Find and copy the tracking ID in the property Tracking info.
7. Pipedrive Google Analytics integration enables receiving emails with notification of every new lead.
8. To map your CRM information with your Google analytics fields, match the information fields you need to pass or type this manually. Pass the data as a static value or customise information with the help of functions.
9. Run a test to ensure everything is in order. Create an experimental lead entering relevant data and send it to the Google Analytics account. Confirm actions turning the toggle up and activate lead synchronisation.
If successful, the right button turns green. Finish configurations. Now, you can take advantage of the integration. If any problems appear, please make a revision, following the instructions.
Majority of businesses have a CRM system in place and uses Google Analytics for measuring website performance. Both systems contain different unique data which, in combination, can bring eCommerce excellent results and improve marketing campaigns.
You may also like
Choose quality and trusted services to improve the presence of your company on the Internet, and feel free to contact our UK team if you have any questions.
Stay with us to learn more about what SEO for hotels is and why it is a must for your hotel businesses.
Everyone is seeking a car insurance agent offering the most cost-effective coverage. Be sure to reap fruit and stand out from the crowd!
We at Promodo are ready to help you improve your performance across all digital marketing channels.Get started